Sustainable development ties together concern for the carrying capacity of natural systems with the social challenges facing humanity. The field of sustainable development can be conceptually broken into environmental, economic and sociopolitical sustainability. Paragon's team of advisors has gained experience in a broad range of topics relevant to sustainable development:
- Integrating sustainable development principles and activities into nonprofit and governmental/intergovernmental policies
- Rural and urban poverty eradication
- Reduction of inequality
- Urban and rural sanitation
- Access to safe drinking water
- Slum improvement
- Engaging indigenous and most vulnerable populations / strengthening indigenous organizations in territorial management / capacity building for territorial management
- Promoting sustainable local economies / environmentally sustainable productive activities / community-based tourism
- Social entrepreneurship
- Promoting sustainable nonprofits
- Public-private partnerships
Erik Davies is an environmental policy and development planning specialist. He has worked with Mongolia's Prime Minister and his cabinet to create a national strategy for Mongolia to meet its sustainable development commitments under the Rio Summit.
Pierre Echard combines 15 years of experience with companies and nonprofits promoting corporate social responsibility with an academic background teaching sustainability and social entrepreneurship.
Andrew Noss has expertise in landscape conservation and sustainable development, working particularly with indigenous groups and local communities in Latin America. He has focused his professional efforts on institutional development, program and grants management, and evaluation.