Grants Assistant (San Francisco Bay Area)
We believe global grantmaking should be accessible. Paragon Philanthropy helps break down the barriers to international grantmaking by empowering U.S. private foundations, donor advised funds, and public charities to make direct, affordable, informed, and effective cross-border grants to inspiring organizations.
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual committed to global development and social change and interested in playing an active role in catalyzing international grantmaking. The Grants Assistant conducts due diligence on foreign grantees and evaluates their compliance with grant requirements. This is an hourly, part-time, primarily virtual independent contractor position. A physical presence in the San Francisco Bay Area is required.
The Grants Assistant liaises with foreign grantees to obtain official documents, reviews project proposals and grant reports, and implements OFAC screening. The Grants Assistant conducts calls with foreign grantees, edits and drafts correspondence, maintains information in a grants management system, and meticulously follows established due diligence, screening, and review procedures for international grantmaking. Because of foreign grantee time zone differences, work is occasionally conducted outside of standard business hours.
Qualifications and Experience
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Sensitivity to foreign cultural norms
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- CRM / database experience
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Experience in grants administration, institutional fundraising, or nonprofit program management preferred
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages is desired but not required: French, Spanish, Portuguese or Mandarin Chinese
Compensation is on an hourly basis commensurate with experience. This is a part-time, primarily virtual independent contractor position. Contract hours will probably range from 10-20 hours per week.
Please apply by submitting a personalized cover letter and resume to Andrzej Kozlowski at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please be sure to:
- Include your hourly compensation expectations.
- Confirm that an independent contractor arrangement with variable hours is acceptable.
- Confirm that you are based in the San Francisco Bay Area.