Compliance Associate, International Grants
We believe global grantmaking should be accessible. Paragon Philanthropy helps break down the barriers to international grantmaking by empowering U.S. private foundations, donor advised funds, and public charities to make direct, affordable, informed, and effective cross-border grants.
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual committed to global development and interested in playing an active role in catalyzing international grantmaking. The Compliance Associate, International Grants conducts due diligence on foreign grantees and reviews their compliance with grant requirements. This is an hourly, part-time, primarily virtual independent contractor position based in the U.S. or Canada.
The Compliance Associate, International Grants liaises with foreign grantees to obtain pre-grant documentation and grant reports, and meticulously follows established due diligence, screening, and review procedures for international grantmaking and OFAC compliance. The Compliance Associate makes phone calls to foreign grantees to follow up on requested information, edits and drafts correspondence, tracks outreach and responses, and maintains information in a grants management system. Because of foreign grantee time zone differences, work is occasionally conducted outside of standard business hours.
Qualifications and Experience
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Professionalism, responsiveness, integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to respond to time-sensitive requests Monday-Friday
- Sensitivity to foreign cultural norms
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Experience using a CRM/database
- Experience in grants administration, institutional fundraising, or nonprofit operations/program management preferred
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages desired though not required: French, Spanish, Portuguese or Mandarin Chinese
Compensation is on an hourly basis commensurate with experience. This is a part-time, primarily virtual independent contractor position. Contract hours will range from 10-20 hours per week.
Please apply by submitting a personalized cover letter and resume to Andrzej Kozlowski at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please be sure to:
- Include your hourly compensation expectations.
- Confirm that an independent contractor arrangement with variable hours is acceptable.