Equivalency Determination PLUS
In addition to the Equivalency Determination certificate, Equivalency Determination PLUS includes anti-terrorist financing screening (SDN search, etc.) at the Silver Vetting level while the ED is current, review of foreign country requirements, and review of the grant agreement (should you choose to have one). We handle all communications with the foreign grantee, secure grantee signatures, obtain wire transfer information, and confirm receipt of funds.
Our service includes pre-screening for any red flags, reducing the chance that you will pay for an ED that is unsuccessful. There is no membership fee.
Our team manages the following steps for your family foundation, corporate foundation, or donor advised fund:
Selecting the correct approach
Before proceeding with Equivalency Determination, Expenditure Responsibility, or special qualifying procedures for governmental entities, we review the circumstances of the grant and recommend the most appropriate compliance approach.
1. Initial Documentation
- Orient the foreign grantee on the Equivalency Determination process
- Obtain key documents (affidavit for non-U.S. grantees, public support form, and major donor form)
- Review foreign country prerequisites affecting international grantmaking (such as special registration requirements)
2. Review of Foreign Country Requirements
- Review regulations in the foreign country affecting the grantee and the grantmaker, and verify compliance. Alert client to any foreign country restrictions on the operations of civil society organizations that might be of particular concern.
3. Equivalency Determination
- Review the documentation (final review conducted by our legal partner)
- Generate the Equivalency Determination letter (our legal partner)
4. Anti-Terrorist Financing Screening
- Conduct anti-terrorism financing screening (SDN search, etc.) at the Silver Vetting level
- Review OFAC Sanctions Programs for the countries in which the grantee is operating
- Repeat screening as needed
5. Grant Agreement
- When applicable, review and transmit the grant agreement and related documents to the grantee and secure signatures.
6. Wire Transfer Information & Receipt of Funds
- Secure the grantee’s international wire transfer information
- Confirm grantee receipt of funds